Rosyland FrazierSenior Research Professional
Research: Health-care access and policy; education
- MS, Public Health , University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1978
- BA, Pitzer College, Claremont, California, 1976
Ms. Frazier is a senior research professional with broad experience in public health and education issues. She graduated from Pitzer College in Claremont California with a BA in sociology, and soon after earned a master’s in public health, with an emphasis in health administration, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She has extensive experience in health-facility management and administration in Alaska and California. She is a former executive director of the Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center and has worked at other community health centers and within a health-maintenance organization. She has also directed programs in reproductive health and maternal and child health. She participates in all phases of data gathering, analysis, and deliverable development. She is a primary researcher for qualitative projects at ISER. Her major research interests are health services delivery, policy, and disparities. Outside work, her interests include sewing and black-and-white photography.
- Frazier, Rosyland and Sanna Doucette. 2013. Characteristics of the Frontier Extended Stay Clinic: a new facility model. Proceedings of the International Circumpolar Health, 72:21344 – http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/ijch.v72i0.21344.
- Smith, Julia, Matthew Berman, Vanessa Hiratsuka, Rosyland Frazier. 2015. The effect of primary care utilization on glycemic control and hypertension among AN/AI adults with diabetes. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, 28:28-37; doi:10.3122/jabfm.2015.01.130329.
Selected ISER Reports and Working Papers:
- “How Do Alaskans Cover Their Medical Bills?” with Linda Leask and Jessica Passini, ISER Search Summary 84, April 2017.
- Guettabi, M, Frazier, R. 2015. Alaska Veterans Needs Assessment. ISER. Prepared for Alaska Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. October.
- Guettabi, M, Frazier, R., Knapp, G. 2014. Alaska Employer Health-Care Benefits: A Survey of Alaska. ISER. Prepared for Alaska Health Care Commission. October.
- Frazier, R., Cueva, K., Guettabi, M, Wheeler, J. 2013. Preventative Screenings Gap Analysis. ISER. Prepared for Alaska Department of Health and Social Services. October.
- “Effects of Patient-Centered Medical Home Model Transformation on Diabetes Risk factors and Complications,” 4th Alaska Native Health Research Conference, March 2014.
- “Defining the Design Process: Lessons Learned from Novice Dashboard Creators,” 2013 American Evaluation Association, October 2013.
- “Mode Choices and Time to Completion of Establishment Surveys,” 2013 American Evaluation Association, October 2013.
- “Single Instrument and Multiple Modes: A Comparison of Response Rates and Response,” 2012 American Evaluation Association, October 2012.
Curriculum Vitae: Rosyland Frazier’s Vita (PDF, 141KB)