Mouhcine GuettabiAssociate Professor of Economics
Research: Regional economic analysis, applied microeconomics, and econometric modeling
- Ph.D. Economics Oklahoma State University, May 2012
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, University of Central Oklahoma, May 2004
Mouhcine Guettabi has been on the ISER faculty since July 2012. He holds a joint appointment with the economics department where he teaches Urban and Regional economics, and Health economics. His research interests range from the role of sprawl in affecting health outcomes to econometric modeling at the sub-national level.
When not at work, Mouhcine enjoys running, playing tennis, and hiking.
- “Short-Run Impacts of a Severance Tax Charge: Evidence from Alaska,” with Matthew Reimer and Chloe Tanaka, in Energy Policy 107, May 2017.
- “The Impact of Obesity on Consumer Bankruptcy” with Abdul Munasib. Economics and Human Biology, April 2015, 17(3), 208-224.
- “The Great Recession and Non-Metropolitan America” with Dan Rickman. Journal of Regional Science, July 2014, 51(5), 863-879.
- “Urban Sprawl, Obesogenic Environment, and Child Weight” with Abdul Munasib. Journal of Regional Science, June 2014, 54(3), 378-401.
- “Space Obesity: The Effect of Remoteness on County Obesity” with Abdul Muansib. Growth and Change, May 2014, 45(4), 518-548.
Selected ISER Reports and Working Papers:
- A Regional Assessment of Borough Government Finances and Employment, June 2017.
- “What’s Happened to the Alaska Economy Since Oil Prices Dropped?” Alaska Snapshot, November 2016.
- “Alaska Employer Health Care Benefits: A Survey of Alaska Employers” with Gunnar Knapp and Rosyland Frasier. October, 2014.
- “Current and Future Medical Costs of Childhood Obesity in Alaska” April, 2014. Reprinted in Alaska Medicine 09/2014; 55:29-36.
- “The Economic Importance of the Bristol Bay Salmon Industry” With Gunnar Knapp and Scott Goldsmith. April, 2013.
- “The role of program evaluation in shaping health policy.” Keynote Speaker at the Alaska Health Summit. January 28th, 2015.
- “The Shale Boom and State Level Occupational Outcomes.” USAEE/IAEE North American Conference, Anchorage, AK summer 2013.
- “Aces High or Low? The Impact of a severance tax change on Alaskan Oil Activity.” Western Regional Science Association, San Diego, California. March, 2013.
Personal Webpage: https://mguettabi.wixsite.com/econanch
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=OWBobb8AAAAJ&hl=en
Curriculum Vitae: Mouhcine Guettabi’s Vita (PDF, 130KB)