Ever wondered if you are the only one who goes to the Alaska State Fair for some amazing Fair food? According to findings from the 2018 Alaska State Fair Exit survey, 67% of fairgoers surveyed said their main reason for attending the Fair was for the food!
Volunteers and staff of the Alaska State Fair surveyed 398 fairgoers during the 2018 Alaska State Fair; the survey instrument was based on one administered at the 2013 Fair by McDowell Group. Alaska State Fair, Inc. management asked ISER to assist in using the data they collected to prepare a 2018 Exit Survey report and to compare findings to past years (2005, 2010, and 2013).
Fairgoers were asked about their level of satisfaction with the Fair, suggested areas of improvement, use of social media, information sources about the Fair, purchasing methods for admissions/concert tickets, and demographics.
The survey found that:
- 98% of respondents had a positive impression of the Fair overall.
- 89% were satisfied with the Fair being smoke-free.
- 72% of respondents support “no school day” for Anchorage School District students and their families to attend the Fair.
- 90% felt free entertainment offered with fair admission added value to their Fair experience, and 59% said it was very important to their decision to attend the Fair.
- Lower/cheaper ticket prices or discounts (37%), traffic (35%), and parking (33%) were the most commonly reported areas to improve the Fair experience.
- Most (63%) fairgoers were unaware Fair prices have remained the same since 2014.